It’s wintertime, and all of us have one thing in common which is maintaining our winter wear. We all want to stay warm and cosy during this season and we have woollen jackets to save us. But when it comes to maintaining it, we all feel cold.
Woollen jackets are a great investment piece for your wardrobe, but they require a little bit of extra care to keep them looking their best. When you are not wearing it, storing your woollen jacket in a cool, dry place is important.
So no more worries as this blog unwrap five easy steps to take care of your woollen jacket. Read the entire blog to know how to wash wool jackets.
Effective Ways To Clean Your Winter Woollen Jacket
Many people may find it difficult to maintain a woollen jacket, and the thought of cleaning it makes them uneasy. So drop your tension and make use of the effective ways to clean your winter woollen jacket by booking an appointment with Quiclo.
5 Easy Steps To Take Care Of Your Woollen Jacket
We all prefer to be warm and cosy during winter and woollen clothing is the one which saves us. When we say this, the first thing that comes to our mind is our winter wear collection. Maintaining woollen jackets and winter wear might be a little overwhelming to many. So, to make it easy, here are 5 simple techniques that might help you easily maintain a wool jacket if you’re considering buying one this season.
Read till the end of the blog to know how to maintain your woollen jacket throughout the years, from storing and washing to drying and more.
Step 1: Washing Woollen Jacket
- Check the care label inside your woollen jacket before washing it to know the right temperature to wash it.
- Most woollen jackets can now be machine-washed on a cool, gentle cycle with a Woolmark-approved detergent.
- Do not overfill your washing machine, as this could cause damage to the fibres of the woollen jacket during the cycle.
- If you are washing your woollen jacket for the first time, wash it separately to avoid colour fading or bleeding.
- When machine-washing, always use a mesh bag or washing bag designed for delicate to protect your woollen jacket from becoming out of shape during the cycle.
- Remove your woollen jacket from the washing machine as soon as the washing cycle is over.
- Cool water and a tiny amount of gentle detergent should be added to a tub.
- Put the woollen jacket in the water and gently swirl it with your hands.
- Allow it to soak at least for 10 to 15 mins.
- Fill the tub back up with clean, cool water after draining it.
- Use your hands to rinse it thoroughly.
- Lay it flat and gently wring out any excess water before letting it air dry.
Step 2: Drying Woollen Jacket
If you have a machine-washable woollen jacket, then the first step is to check the care label. Many woollen jackets are “dry clean only”. In that case, you will need the assistance of a professional cleaning service. Quiclo offers you the best results and premium laundry services.
- Put your wet, woollen jacket flat on a clean towel.
- Do not hang your wet jacket up to dry, as this can cause stretching and damage.
- Allow it to air dry.
- Once the jacket is dry, you can brush it with a lint roller or clothes brush to remove any remaining fuzziness.
Step 3: Folding Winter Jacket
Follow these steps to fold your jacket easily and store it without the risk of damaging it and, most importantly, without blocking much space.
- Place your jacket flat on a clean surface.
- One sleeve of the jacket should be folded in toward the middle.
- Repeat the same with the other sleeve.
- Fold the jacket in half vertically towards the middle.
- Fold the bottom of the jacket up towards the collar, halfway above.
- Then, fold the entire thing in half horizontally so that it looks long and rectangular.
- If you want to, you can fold it in half again to make it even more compact, just make sure all the edges are nice and smooth before storing it.
Step 4: Storing Woollen Jacket
It is important to store your woollen jacket properly to keep it in good condition. Here are some of the easy tips and steps to follow:
- Hang your jacket on a wooden hanger in a cool and dry place. Most importantly, keep it away from direct sunlight.
- Wrap your jacket in a cotton sheet or garment bag to protect it from dust and pest damage.
- Store your jacket in a breathable container or bag such as a cardboard box or storage box with holes, or if it is fully covered, drill in a hole at the lid to allow air circulation.
- Check your jacket regularly, Even if it is stored properly, there are chances for damage.
Step 5: Removing Stains
If you spill something on your woollen jacket or if there are any stains, it’s important to act fast. A stain will be more challenging to remove as long as it remains. Here are a few steps to remove stains:
- First, try to remove the stain with a clean and dry cloth.
- If that doesn’t work, gently rub the area with mild soap and cool water.
- Always remember to avoid using hot water or scrubbing too harshly, as that could damage the fabric.
- Once you’ve removed the stain, hang your jacket up to dry.
Taking care of your woollen jacket does not have to be a herculean task. These are the five steps to take care of your woollen jacket that can be followed without any hassle, and you can ensure that your woollen jacket lasts for years and looks beautiful.
In conclusion, regularly washing and drying your jacket, air-drying it when necessary, using fabric softener sparingly, brushing off dirt with a lint brush or damp cloth, and storing it properly can help keep your woollen jacket looking like new for many seasons. To avail of some exclusive offers and laundry services at one tap from Quiclo, download the app at Playstore or Appstore.
1. How often should I have my wool jacket dry-cleaned?
Usually, it depends on how often it is worn and how dirty it gets. If you wear it daily and it starts to look discoloured or stained, then you should have it professionally cleaned. Otherwise, every 3-4 months is sufficient.
2. How often should I wash my woollen jacket?
It’s generally best to wash your woollen jacket as little as possible. If you do need to wash it, use a mild detergent and cool water, and avoid wringing or scrubbing the fabric. You can also spot clean areas that are particularly dirty.
3. How do I keep my woollen jacket looking new?
If your woollen jacket gets wet, hang it up to dry as soon as possible. Be careful when brushing off any dirt. Use a soft-bristled brush and be gentle so you don’t damage the fabric.
4. What is the best way to maintain a woollen jacket?
The best way is to use cool water and a mild detergent specifically for woollen. Gently squeeze the water through the garment and do not scrub it. Rinse well in cool water, and then roll in a towel to remove excess moisture and then lay it flat to dry.
5. How to dry the woollen jacket?
First, put your wet woollen jacket flat on a clean towel. Don’t hang your wet jacket to dry, as this can cause stretching and damage, then allow it to air dry.